Man charged with alleged murder of woman, two children in Sydney home

There has been a major update after three people were found dead inside a Sydney home, in what police say was a “particularly violent crime scene”.

The victims at the centre of an alleged triple murder in Sydney’s southwest kept to themselves in their quiet street known by some locals as the “retirement village”.

Md Shomon Ahamed, 47, has been charged with the murder of a woman and her two boys at a home on Raymond Ave, Campbelltown in a horrific incident on Monday night.

A neighbour in the street said she had met the mother and two children about two years ago, the only interaction she had with them.

“They kept to themselves, they were very withdrawn,” Amanda Wasilewski said.

“No sort of friendly waves like the neighbours around here.”

Ms Wasilewski said it was “absolutely confronting and overwhelming” to know what was allegedly taking place just a few houses away while she had been relaxing in front of the fireplace.

“I’ve got no words, honestly.”

A woman and two children have died in an alleged DV murder. Picture: Thomas Lisson / NewsWire
A woman and two children have died in an alleged DV murder. Picture: Thomas Lisson / NewsWire
Another neighbour, who declined to give her name, came to lay fresh cut roses near the home and say a prayer for the alleged victims.

She said the incident was “too close to home” as she wiped away tears.

“This is just terrible,” she said. “I’m feeling for these children.

“Their friends, they’ve got to come to school to find out that their little mate’s not going to come to school today.”

Next video thumbnail

Emergency services were called to the Campbelltown home about 7.50pm Monday after receiving a triple-0 call from the property.

Police found the bodies of a 46-year-old woman and two young boys, aged four and 12, inside the house.

According to court documents seen by NewsWire, police allege the murders took place sometime between 9am and 7.55pm on Monday.

Mr Ahamed was arrested at the scene and has since been charged with three counts of murder.

He did not appear in Campbelltown Local Court when his matter was briefly mentioned on Tuesday morning.

He did not apply for bail, and it was formally refused. He will next appear in court on July 15.

Outside court, Mr Ahamed’s lawyer Jawad Hosain said his client was “pretty distressed” and “distraught”.

“It’s obviously a very tragic set of circumstances at the moment … for the (alleged) victim, the community, and the family,” he said.

The forensic team are at the scene. Picture: Thomas Lisson / NewsWire
The forensic team are at the scene. Picture: Thomas Lisson / NewsWire

Police revealed that 60 per cent of call-outs were DV-related. Picture: Thomas Lisson / NewsWire
Police revealed that 60 per cent of call-outs were DV-related. Picture: Thomas Lisson / NewsWire
Acting Superintendent Michael Moroney told Today on Tuesday that the house was “described as a very traumatic scene, a very horrific scene”.

Inspector Moroney said the woman and two children were found in separate areas of the house, describing it as a “particularly violent crime scene”.

A man has been charged with the alleged murder of a woman and two children. Picture: Facebook
A man has been charged with the alleged murder of a woman and two children. Picture: Facebook

Police received a triple-0 call before 8pm Monday. Picture: Thomas Lisson / NewsWire
Police received a triple-0 call before 8pm Monday. Picture: Thomas Lisson / NewsWire
“I can’t give you specific information regards to how they passed – what I can tell you is all three persons sustained significant injuries and it was a particularly violent crime scene,” he said.

Inspector Moroney said a “number of items” were seized from the scene, but did not specify what they were.

He said the items “would be of interest in regards to the injuries sustained to those people”.

The man was refused bail and is due to face court on Tuesday. Picture: Thomas Lisson / NewsWire
The man was refused bail and is due to face court on Tuesday. Picture: Thomas Lisson / NewsWire
Inspector Moroney said the man was not known to police.

“We’re not aware of any interactions with this male before and certainly not aware of any domestic-related incidents previously reported to police,” he said.

“But I can reassure the public that domestic violence is the number one priority for NSW Police and we will continue to prioritise (alleged) DV offenders.”

Police said the man was not known to police. Picture: Thomas Lisson / NewsWire
Police said the man was not known to police. Picture: Thomas Lisson / NewsWire
Residents in the street told Sunrise they were horrified by the incident.

“Well, growing up in Campbelltown, you didn’t don’t expect stuff like that to happen,” one local said.

“So hearing especially that it’s kids, it’s really shocking.

“And it’s a real eye-opener that things can (happen) close to home.”

The otherwise quiet suburban street was cordoned off on Tuesday morning as forensic detectives continued combing the scene.

According to new data revealed this week, NSW Police respond to a domestic violence incident every three minutes, making up about 60 per cent of all police call-outs.