‘LOVING FATHER’ 

Footballer, 26, ‘killed by car that mounted kerb & struck group’ was expecting baby girl with partner of eight years

Tyler Fairman holding a baby with a blue heart over its face, next to a woman in a red dress.

A YOUNG father has died after a horror crash when a car mounted the pavement and struck a group of pedestrians.

Footballer Tyler Fairman, 26, was out with his teammates when he was fatally injured in an alleged hit and run.

A police officer in a high-visibility vest stands near a red car with significant front-end damage, behind police tape.
The scene in Arnold, Nottinghamshire, where the car mounted the pavementCredit: PA
 
Tyler Fairman holding a young child with a woman next to him.The young footballer was a father and his girlfriend is pregnant with a baby girlCredit: PA
Cops launched a murder probe after five people were struck in Arnold, Nottinghamshire, at just after 1am on Saturday.

A Vauxhall Astra mounted a kerb and collided with the group, with 26-year-old Tyler Fairman rushed to hospital.

Tyler was left fighting for his life in intensive care but tragically died on Tuesday.

A fundraiser has been set up by a friend on behalf of his girlfriend Laraya.

Creator of the JustGiving page, Laura Clifford, described Tyler as “a loving father to his beautiful son”.

She also revealed Laraya, a healthcare worker, is pregnant with her and Tyler’s baby girl.

The moving appeal reads: “Tyler was not only a devoted partner, but also a loving father to his beautiful son, and he and Laraya are expecting their baby girl very soon.

“Laraya is currently in the final stages of her pregnancy, facing a loss no one should ever have to endure.

“As well as being a dedicated NHS healthcare worker, Laraya also runs her own beauty business, which she will now need to step away from.

“We want to ease any financial pressure she may face, allowing her to focus on herself, her healing, and her babies without added stress or worry.”

Laraya’s mother, Charleen, posted her own tribute to Tyler’s memory on Facebook.

She wrote: “My heart absolutely hurts so bad for my daughter watching her go through this devastating time.”

Charleen recalled the footballer as an “incredible” boyfriend, father, son and son-in-law.

He was a “family guy” who was taken too soon, she added.

“Tyler will never be forgotten he was so loved by so many people,” she wrote, saying she would miss him “so so much”.

Suspect Duane Anthony was arrested on Saturday evening and charged with five counts of attempted murder.

The 40-year-old was also charged with aggravated vehicle taking, driving while disqualified and driving without valid insurance.

He is due to appear at Nottingham Crown Court on June 8.

It comes after a football club said three of its members, including the manager, were hit by a car in Arnold town centre.

Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC paid tribute, posting on social media: “Rest in Peace TY. Forever our number six.”

The club previously said: “Three members of our team including the manager was struck by a car in Arnold town centre, this has left one of our players fighting for his life in hospital”.

The club, who compete in the Nottinghamshire Senior League, had been celebrating their end of season awards before the crash.

It added: “We are hoping and praying for our player who is a much loved lad by all, we’re supporting each other the best we can.

“We are all struggling right now and are asking for privacy and respect so we can get our heads around what has happened, this is a heartbreaking and awful time for our club.”

Detective Chief Inspector Ruby Burrow said: “As we release the sad news of Tyler’s death, our first thoughts go to his family and loved ones at this difficult time.

“Both they and the other people injured or affected by this collision continue to be supported by specially trained police officers.

“We can also confirm today that this is now a murder investigation.

“As such, criminal proceedings are active, so anything relating to this incident should be shared with the police, not online, as doing so could potentially impede the pursuit of justice.

“We are aware of videos of the incident circulating on social media and have informed the victims and their families of this.

“They have appealed to anyone who has shared or posted any such videos to take them down immediately so that Tyler’s family can grieve in peace.”