“Today” co-anchor Savannah Guthrie said she got a message from her mother’s apparent kidnapper and signaled a willingness to pay to secure the 84-year-old’s return.

Savannah Guthrie with her mother, Nancy, in 2019. (Nathan Congleton/NBCUniversal/AP)

“Today” co-anchor Savannah Guthrie sent a public message to her missing mother’s apparent kidnapper Saturday, signaling that she had received communication and offering money to secure her mother’s safe return.

In a brief video message on Instagram, Guthrie said Saturday: “We received your message, and we understand,” without elaborating on the communication. She and her siblings added that they were willing to pay to bring their 84-year-old mother back.

Nancy Guthrie was last seen Jan. 31 at her Tucson home, and her disappearance has triggered a sprawling, days-long investigation by over 100 detectives and agents at the Pima County Sheriff’s Department and FBI. The investigation is yet to lead to any identified suspects or people of interest, the sheriff’s department said Saturday.

On Friday, the local news outlet KOLD reported that it had received a second message from someone claiming to be Guthrie’s kidnapper. In a statement later that day, the FBI’s Phoenix field office said it was investigating the authenticity of a new message.

Kevin Smith, spokesman for the FBI’s Phoenix office, confirmed in an email Sunday that Guthrie’s Saturday video was referring to that same message.

The latest plea from the Guthrie family comes a week since their mother was dropped off at her home after a family dinner, the last time she was seen by them. Days later, media outlets reported receiving unverified ransom notes relating to her disappearance.

Savannah Guthrie has said her mother is in fragile health, lives in constant pain and requires medicine — that she is now without — to survive. In a message posted Wednesday with her siblings, Guthrie said the family was willing to talk with her mother’s apparent abductor.

“Right now, we believe Nancy is still out there,” Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos said in a news conference Thursday. In the same briefing, Heith Janke, special agent in charge at the FBI’s Phoenix office, said investigators were taking reports of ransom notes seriously but did not specify whether any note had been authenticated. He said at least one of the notes was believed to have been sent by an impostor, resulting in an arrest. Janke added: “While we advise and recommend from a law enforcement perspective, any action taken on any ransom is ultimately decided by the family.”