
Lil OT, born Omer Niaz Muhammad, was shot and killed Monday night (Feb. 9) in Burlington, Ontario, cutting short the rise of a young voice in Canada’s independent rap scene. He was 24.
Halton Regional Police confirmed the fatal shooting occurred around 10:10 p.m. in the parking lot outside Kelsey’s restaurant at Burlington Centre. Emergency responders transported the rapper to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Authorities believe the attack was deliberate.
“We do believe this was a targeted incident and we do not believe there is any known risk to public safety,” Constable Jeff Dillon said during a Tuesday morning press conference.
Investigators are searching for two suspects who fled in a white SUV. Police have not released descriptions. Detectives are examining potential links between Muhammad and the suspects. They are also reviewing whether the homicide connects to prior shootings in the Halton region.
Lil OT had been building momentum since 2023. He released two albums and grew a following of more than 27,000 on Instagram. His music carried the weight of lived experience.
RIP Lil OT
In 2023, he survived a drive-by shooting at his family’s Hamilton home, according to The Hamilton Spectator. That earlier incident underscored the volatility surrounding young rap artists navigating public visibility.
Police urged witnesses to come forward with video footage or information. Dillon addressed the broader danger posed by gunfire in a public space.
“Unfortunately one young man lost his life,” he said. “When you are in a wide open parking lot like this and a gun is fired, it was lucky that nobody else was struck. It shows a rampant disregard for anyone else who may have been here.”
The killing marks Burlington’s first homicide of the year. Shock rippled through the community. “You hear about these things in the bigger cities, but you are not expecting it to happen in your community,” one mall patron said.
On Instagram, grief surfaced quickly. “Rest in peace, brother,” one commenter wrote.
Lil OT’s career was still unfolding. Now, his city mourns what could have been.
News
PRISON A;T;TACK SPARKS OUTRAGE: A convicted offender j;ailed for a;ssaulting a 14-year-old was violently a;t;tacked behind bars — leaving him seriously injured.
Paedophile who assaulted girl, 14, in terrifying ordeal has teeth knocked out Sex offender Julien Dorin assaulted a girl after…
“THERE ARE MANY SUSPICIOUS DETAILS” — Big Questions Over the Mysterious Delay by Corey Chugg’s Companion!
Longford man Corey Chugg was reported missing to Tasmania Police on Monday afternoon by a friend. (Supplied: Tasmania Police) In short:…
PRINCE ANDREW S-C:ANDAL E;XPLODES AGAIN — King Charles Himself Now “Profoundly Concerned” as Palace Says It Will Cooperate!
First of all, Prince William and his wife Catherine responded to the ongoing saga of his Uncle Andrew’s tawdry dealings…
“HE PLANNED THIS CAREFULLY..!” — Sh0cking reports claim the alleged teen knifeman was an ex-pupil who wore a school uniform to sneak back onto campus at Kingsbury High School in Brent, north-west London.
AN ALLEGED teen knifeman is an ex-pupil who wore a school uniform to sneak onto campus before stabbing two boys,…
SH0CKING: “BBC Strictly Axe Destroyed Me” — Tragic Star Robin Windsor’s Suicide Note Revealed at Inquest into ‘Overdose’ D-e:a:th
STRICTLY’S Robin Windsor left a suicide note saying the way he was treated by the BBC “destroyed me”. The…
“SHE WAS APPALLED…” MAFS bride just QUIT the show in the wildest way possible — booked a plane home without even telling producers!
The bizarre way she quits the show has reportedly been revealed as the show continues to air its most dramatic…
End of content
No more pages to load





