A TEENAGER has been charged with attempted murder after two boys, aged 12 and 13, were stabbed at school.

Police scrambled to Kingsbury High School, in Brent, north-west London, at around 12.40pm on Tuesday.

Police vehicles parked outside Kingsbury High School after a double stabbing.
The boys – aged just 12 and 13 – are now in stable conditionCredit: Tom Bowles
 

Police and security personnel at the scene of an attempted murder at Kingsbury High Lower School.
Counter-terror cops have since taken over the investigationCredit: SWNS
 

Kingsbury High School sign for the Lower School with contact details, in front of a metal gate and bare trees.
The incident took place at Kingsbury High School near Roe Green Park, LondonCredit: w8media
Paramedics transported two students to hospital in serious condition.

Thankfully their injuries are not believed to be life-threatening and they are now in stable condition.

Cops confirmed their suspect, a former pupil at the school, sprayed a 13-year-old classmate with a substance – thought to be an insect spray – then allegedly stabbed two boys.

One student is understood to have been stabbed in the midriff, the other near his neck.

Pupils desperately banged on windows in a bid for help after the attacker allegedly entered a classroom with a weapon, the Telegraph reported.

Counter-terror police took over the investigation but the attack is no longer being treated as a terrorist incident.

The Crown Prosecution Service today confirmed that a 13-year-old boy, who legally cannot be named, has been charged with two counts of attempted murder.

He has also been charged with possession of a bladed article on school premises, administering a noxious substance and possession of a bladed article.

A spokesperson for the CPS said: “Our prosecutors have worked to establish that there is sufficient evidence to bring this case to court and that it is in the public interest to pursue criminal proceedings.

“We have worked closely with the police as they have carried out their investigation.

“We remind all concerned that criminal proceedings against this defendant are active and that he has the right to a fair trial.

“It is vital that there should be no reporting, commentary or sharing of information online which could in any way prejudice these proceedings.”

He will appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court later today.

Detective Chief Superintendent Helen Flanagan, from Counter Terrorism Policing London, said: “These are extremely serious charges against a young boy, and we continue to support the victims and their families, as well as the wider school community following this shocking incident.

“While we have now charged the boy with these offences, our investigation is ongoing and detectives will continue to carry out enquiries in the local area.

“We are working closely with local policing colleagues in the Brent area and I would also like to thank the school and the wider local community for their support in recent days.”

Cops said the incident unfolded at around 12.40pm when a teenager – a British national – allegedly went into a first floor classroom and sprayed a substance towards a pupil.

Ch Supt Flanagan said previously: “The suspect has then attacked another pupil, a 13-year-old in that classroom, stabbing him, and then the suspect has left, running down the hallway of the school.

“As he is leaving, he then attacked another victim, a 12-year-old, stabbing him before running off and away from the school.”

She added that the force were called to a mosque in north west London at 4.50pm where the suspect was detained.

He remains in custody on suspicion of attempted murder.

The force do not believe the suspect had any connection to the mosque and his presence there may have been coincidental.

“At this time, the incident has not been declared a terrorist incident,” CS Flanagan added.

When asked if he had left the mosque by the time he was arrested, she said: “I don’t know the full detail of exactly where he was arrested in terms of location, but he was in the vicinity of the mosque.”

Police officers outside Kingsbury High Lower School.
We told yesterday how kids were heard shouting and screaming as the alleged attack beganCredit: SWNS
 

Detective Chief Superintendent Luke Williams speaking to the media.
Detective Chief Superintendent Luke Williams confirmed a 13-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of attempted murderCredit: PA
 

Police car parked outside Kingsbury High School after a serious incident.
It is understood the incident unfolded within a science classroomCredit: SWNS
 

Detective Chief Superintendent Luke Williams speaking to the media at Kingsbury High School after two boys were stabbed.
Williams added the investigation is now being led by counter terror policeCredit: PA
Police have searched three premises and are interviewing 30 to 40 witnesses after the secondary school stabbing.

Cops said “highly trained and specialist officers” were carrying out these interviews.

Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer described the alleged stabbing as an “appalling attack”.

Speaking at PMQs, he said: “My thoughts, and I’m sure the thoughts of the whole House, are with the two children stabbed at Kingsbury High School.

“My heart goes out to everyone affected by this appalling attack.

“We thank the police for their rapid response. It’s important now that we give them the space to pursue their investigation.”

According to witnesses, the attack unfolded in a science classroom, with the entire school evacuating when the fire alarm was triggered.

Parent Simon Theodoru, who has a daughter in year eight, told The Sun: “As far as I understand it this happened in a science classroom.

“We had a text message from the school saying there had been a serious incident but there was nothing about what it was.

“We have learnt that it was a stabbing from my daughter and the news.”

Mr Theodorou, a martial arts teacher, added: “We live half a mile away and my daughter came back with no bag.

“I assume she sprinted home.

In a statement issued just after 2pm on Tuesday, the school said there had been a “serious incident” which was “under control” and officials were “working closely with the relevant authorities”.

“I don’t know if she will feel safe enough to go back tomorrow. There is a WhatsApp group of students who are saying they won’t be going back.”

The mother of another student at the school also told The Sun: “We heard pretty quickly after it happened and as a parent you have a sense of panic.

“I thought it might have been something really serious because the students were just told to go — leave their bags, coats —- just go.”

Police car and officer outside Kingsbury High School.
Teachers and students were put on lockdownCredit: w8media
 

Police car parked near the vehicle entrance of Finsbury High School.
Police swarmed to the scene in North West London
 

A police van and officer outside Kingsbury High School, following a stabbing incident.
A 13-year-old boy has now been charged in connection with the incident