A man ‘well known to police’ has been charged following a horror two-car smash that left two women dead and shut down a major highway in both directions.
Emergency services were called to a service station on King Georges Road, South Hurstville, in Sydney‘s south on Saturday morning following reports of a stolen car.

The suspect Luke Peter Francis, 31, who allegedly ran from the scene, was arrested shortly after on Nepean Avenue, Camden.
Francis was taken to Campbelltown Hospital for mandatory testing before being taken to Campbelltown Police Station where he was charged with eleven offences including two counts of dangerous driving occasion death/drive manner dangerous.

Mitolyn
Teacher Mix Jello With This — Now Can’t Stop Losing Weight
Learn more
Francis was refused bail and appeared at the Bail Division Court 6 early on Sunday morning.
The tragedy unfolded after officers were told a 25-year-old man was allegedly assaulted by the suspect who then stole his red Toyota Camry and fled the scene.
A short time later, highway patrol officers tracked down the vehicle on King Georges Road in Beverley Hills and launched a pursuit when the car failed to stop.
Officers followed the vehicle along the M5 before the chase was terminated at Bankstown due to safety reasons. A police helicopter continued to follow the car.

Two women aged 60 and 84 in the Alfa Romeo both died at the scene

Emergency services were called to a service station on King Georges Road, South Hurstville, in Sydney’s south on Saturday morning following reports of a stolen car

Two women were killed following the horrific crash
About 11.10am, the Toyota collided with a white Alfa Romeo sedan travelling along the Old Hume Highway at Camden South.
Two women aged 60 and 84 in the Alfa Romeo both died at the scene, despite the efforts of emergency responders. Police have since confirmed the pair were family members.
NSW Police Assistant Commissioner Brett McFadden said police were not pursing the suspect during the 40 minute period leading up to the crash.
‘It was one of the most reckless and dangerous, demonstrations of driving I’ve seen in a long time,’ Commissioner McFadden said.
‘I’ve watched the footage from our aviation support aircraft, and I can tell you that there were no police vehicles around this driver.’
In footage from the scene, the Toyota Camry and the Alfa Romeo are seen with significant damage, with the Romeo’s windshield completely shattered.
A man was seen being consoled by bystanders at the scene.
A witness told Daily Mail they saw the Toyota Camry driving on the wrong side of the road while being followed by about 4-5 marked and unmarked police cars.

A man remains in custody after he was charged over the fatal crash

Other shocked witnesses described the incident as confronting

Police confirmed the deceased women were family members
Other shocked witnesses described the incident as confronting.
‘There was just a very loud crash and violent bang and after that, it was just sirens and helicopters,’ Bruno told Ten News.
‘As someone who lives here, it happens a lot.
‘We had two fatalities in the same spot last year. It’s just devastating that it keeps happening.’
Veronica added: ‘The cops were doing a revival on a lady. It was very confronting and very sad to see.’

The occupants of the Alfa Romeo died at the scene

In footage from the scene, the Toyota Camry and the Alfa Romeo are seen with significant damage
Shocked retirement village residents watched the dramatic arrest unfold.
‘I was just sitting on my veranda talking to my daughter when I saw this young bloke rushing up here, running for his life,’ Lesley Dickson told reporters.
The highway was closed in both directions at the intersection of Camden Bypass, with drivers diverted via Burragorang Road and Cawdor Road.
Francis was also charged with drive recklessly/furiously or speed manner dangerous, fail to stop and assist after vehicle impact causing death, negligent driving (occasioning death), unlicenced driving and assault with intent to take/drive motor vehicle.
A Critical Incident Team from Burwood Police Area Command will lead the investigation into the circumstances surrounding the incidents, supported by the St George Police Area Command and the Crash Investigation Unit.
The investigation will be reviewed by the Professional Standards Command and oversighted by the Law Enforcement Conduct Commission (LECC).
Francis, who made no application for bail, was remanded to face court at a later date.
News
“Heartfelt moment…”…and: Two Home and Away stars, Ada Nicodemou and James Stewart, share HAPPY news after two years of dating!
“Heartfelt moment…”…and: Two Home and Away stars, Ada Nicodemou and James Stewart, share HAPPY news after two years of dating…
“For over four decades, she devoted her life to caring for young children and people with disɑbilities” – A beloved teacher who lσst her lιfe in the South Camden multi-vehicle crɑsh, as the Camden community shares further heartbreaking and emotional tributes following the tɾ:ɑgic incident 😞👇
A community is mourning the loss of a much loved teacher who was killed after an allegedly stolen car rammed…
Heartbroken dad says “that ain’t justice” after 12-year-old Leo Ross is s:t-abbed to d-e:ath walking home from school!
Leo Ross, described by police as a model pupil, died after being stabbed in a park in Birmingham while walking…
Update on Maya Gebala, a victim of the Tumbler Ridge shooting Day 4: Today we received hopeful news — a significant step forward. A nurse has also observed slight pupil dilation, another encouraging sign.
Uncategorized Update on Maya Gebala, a victim of the Tumbler Ridge shooting Day 4: Today we received hopeful news —…
“THEY KIDNAPPED THE WRONG PERSON, PLEASE RELEASE THE POOR OLD MAN..!” Police are urgently appealing for the safe return of an 85-year-old widower who was kidnapped in a shocking case of mistaken identity.
Police are appealing for an 85-year-old widower to be returned to his family after he was kidnapped in what they…
“Absolutely devastating for the family..!”- Police have just charged a man after two innocent family members were k-i:lled in a horrific crash with an allegedly stolen car in Sydney’s south-west yesterday.
A man has been charged after two family members were killed in a crash with an allegedly stolen car in Sydney’s south-west….
End of content
No more pages to load






