đ¨ SYDNEY SWANS HOTEL SCANDAL TAKES A DARKER TURN â STRIPP3R B0SS FINALLY BREAKS HER SILENCE ABOUT THE DISTURBING EVENTS SURROUNDING THE HOTEL⌠AND ONE DETAIL IS NOW DRAWING FRESH ATTENTION
The stunning new claims also include reports about which player is allegedly at the centre of the police investigation.
Allegations of drug use and topless waitresses have emerged after the Sydney Swans players involved in a sexual assault investigation at a Melbourne hotel broke their silence.
Riley Bice, Nick Blakey, Isaac Heeney, James Jordon and Chad Warner have been wiped out for the season as the Swans wrapped up its investigation into a late night incident at the Pullman East Melbourne hotel following the teamâs win over Essendon at the MCG on Sunday.
Of the five players involved in the incident, Heeney is reportedly at the centre of the police investigation.
AFL reporter Tom Morris has alleged there was âdrug useâ but that it is âunclear which players were involvedâ.
He has reported âmultiple playersâ were taking cocaine.
The same report states two topless waitresses were booked by a player through Party Girls Melbourne, with a third waitress arriving at 5.30am on Monday morning for a two-hour booking.
The Swans have denied there were more than five players in the hotel room.
The AFL also confirmed the five stars will not be eligible for All-Australian selection when the 46-man squad is finalised on Monday and announced on Tuesday.
The statement released by the Swans on behalf of the players reads: âWe are deeply sorry to everyone involved. We know that our behaviour has fallen well short of the standards expected of us and the values of our club.
Riley Bice, James Jordon and Isaac Heeney are three of the five players that have been stood down by the club. (Photo by Phil Hillyard)
Chad Warner has also been stood down for the remainder of the 2026 season. (Photo by Morgan Hancock/Getty Images)
âWe know we have let down our partners and families, members, supporters, teammates, the AFLW team, corporate partners and everyone at the club and in the wider community.
âWe accept the club sanction and apologise for the impact this has had on those involved.
âOur focus will now be on rebuilding trust with the club and the community.â
Sydney Swans bosses offer âsincere apologyâ
The first statement from the players comes hours after Swans chairman Andrew Pridham and chief executive Matthew Pavlich shared details of the hotel incident for the first time.
Pridham began Wednesday afternoonâs press conference by making an official apology.
âAt the outset I want to offer an apology, a sincere apology, to the community to the many fans, the corporate partners, who have been amazingly supportive of us,â he said.
Pavlich said: âTo say we are disappointed is an understatement. Weâre deeply embarrassed and ashamed that the poor choices from five of our players and the impact thatâs had on the women involved.â
Nick Blakely is the other player. (Photo by Phil Hillyard)
Pavlich was asked directly about the women who were present inside the teamâs hotel on Wellington Parade in East Melbourne before one woman made a report of sexual assault to Victoria Police.
He replied: âWe are deeply concerned about their welfare and their wellbeing.
âWe offer as much support as we can. They are the ones who are impacted severely at the moment and we are here to acknowledge those allegations.â
He said the club has not attempted to contact the women involved.
âItâs a police matter so we wouldnât interfere by reaching out to them,â he said.
Pavlich confirmed the club made the decision to stand the players down because they had been drinking, stayed out late, âcontinued their nightâ and for âbringing women back to the hotelâ.
âIt was a long way short of what we expect of our players and we are holding them to a really high standard, but they are well short of anywhere near that standard,â Pavlich said.
The clubâs board of directors held an emergency meeting on Tuesday night where the club confirmed multiple players had committed a âserious breachâ of the clubâs behaviour and standards.
Police are investigating an alleged sexual assault at the Pullman East Melbourne on Monday morning (Picture: NewsWire)
Alleged details of the incident
The Herald Sun reported earlier on Wednesday that the players âhad taken exotic dancers up to a room for lap dancesâ in the early hours of Monday morning.
It is then claimed a âcommotion eruptedâ in one playerâs room after one of the women âclaimed their understanding of what was âoff limitsâ was breachedâ.
It is reported two women approached hotel staff and demanded to be let back into one of the guest rooms at around 7am.
It is also alleged one of the women ran into the toilets crying prior to the police arriving. She was described as âhystericalâ and âupsetâ.
The two women were reportedly âagitatedâ in the lobby.
After being told they could not return to the room, they allegedly began remonstrating with Swans officials, including Cox.
Prior to a third woman arriving at the hotel, Swans staff could be heard telling the two women they were unaware of an incident.
A source reported hearing one woman telling hotel staff: âWe have everything recorded of what those AFL players did to our friend in that roomâ.
It has since been alleged a perceived breach of personal boundaries is at the centre of a police investigation.
Sydney Swans Chairman Andrew Pridham, right, and CEO Matthew Pavlich, left, spoke to media on Wednesday (Photo by Getty Images)
Police issue new statement
The claim comes as police issued a fresh statement on Tuesday.
âDetectives from the Sexual Crimes Squad are investigating a report of a sexual assault in East Melbourne on 17 August,â police said.
âThe incident occurred at a hotel on Wellington Parade in the early hours of the morning.
âThe exact circumstances are yet to be established and the investigation into the incident remains ongoing.
âPolice spoke to a number of people at the hotel, however no one has been arrested or formally interviewed at this time.â
The Swans said in a statement on Wednesday morning the players have been wiped out for the season, including the finals series.
âSydney Swans players Riley Bice, Nick Blakey, Isaac Heeney, James Jordon and Chad Warner will not be considered for selection for the remainder of the 2026 AFL Season,â the club said.
âThe AFL is supportive of the clubâs sanctions. We respect there is an ongoing investigation by Victoria Police and the actions we have taken today are independent of this.â
The Swans will finish the home-and-away season second on the ladder, but their premiership charge has been blown to pieces as a result of the sanctions handed down.
Blakey, Heeney and Warner, particularly, are three of the clubâs best players.
The clubâs investigations into the alleged incident is entirely separate from an ongoing investigation being carried out by Victoria Police Sexual Crimes Squad.
None of the five players have been formally interviewed by police, but have reportedly spoken to investigators.
No arrests have been made nor any charges laid, with the exact circumstances of the incident still to be determined.
News.com.au does not suggest any of the players are under investigation or implicated in any wrongdoing, only that they have been spoken to by investigators.
The Age reported on Wednesday morning that the woman at the centre of the allegations provided a written statement to police on Tuesday.
The masthead also stated Sydney called in leading Melbourne criminal lawyer Tony Hargreaves before the five players drove home on Monday night.
Swans staff, including coach Dean Cox, arrived at the clubâs SCG headquarters before 7am on Wednesday ahead of an explosive day for the football club.
The club said in an earlier statement: âThe club believes the players are in serious breach of expected club behaviour and standards, and it is appropriate to take firm action and highlight that any sanction we impose relates solely to those breaches.
âThe club also acknowledges that these serious allegations impact others and their wellbeing must be paramount.
âThe Sydney Swans condemn all forms of abuse and disrespectful behaviour towards women. âAny conduct that causes offence or harm to others is unacceptable and falls well short of our expectations. All women deserve to be respected and feel safe.
Isaac Heeney is engaged to long-time partner Steffanie Waters, who is not in any way involved in the alleged incident in Melbourne. Picture: Instagram
Chad Warner is in a relationship with Alice Hughes, who is also not in any way involved in the alleged incident. Picture: Getty Images
âWe also want to acknowledge that the care and welfare of our AFLW athletes and staff is of the utmost importance to us as a club. They have been and will continue to be offered the support they require and we acknowledge the impact these allegations have on our female athletes, staff members and the wider community.
âAny further sanctions or decisions regarding the outcome of the police investigation would take place after that process is completed.
âDuring this time, we will provide the appropriate support to the players involved in the incident, along with their partners and families.
âThe Sydney Swans hold all players and staff at the club to high standards of behaviour and personal conduct. Representing this club carries significant responsibilities both on and off the field, and we expect those standards to be upheld at all times.
âOur focus remains on co-operating fully with the AFL and authorities, maintaining the integrity of the process, and upholding the high standards expected of everyone who represents this club.â
The earlier Swansâ statement came am hour after AFL CEO Andrew Dillon broke his silence to say he was âdeeply concernedâ by the sexual assault allegations, while he insisted the league will consider the conduct of the alleged players involved âwhen more information comes to lightâ.
Swans coach Dean Cox arrived at the clubâs SCG headquarters before 7am on Wednesday (Picture: NewsWire)
Former Sydney coach voices âincredible disappointmentâ
Former Swans coach John Longmire has spoken on AFL 360 this evening about the âdeep sadnessâ he is feeling as a result of the allegations.
The 55-year-old, who coached Sydney from 2011 to 2024, said: âThe first news I found out on Monday, (I was) shocked. Probably like most people was shock.
âThat took a while to set in. Then incredible disappointment and just deep sadness.
âWhether youâre closely connected to this or youâre further out, or youâre a supporter or member, the emotions donât have to be guessed too much.
âIt was just incredible deep sadness in the end, and thatâs probably where weâre still sitting a bit.â
Swans stars stood down from ambassadorial roles
As reported by Channel 7, Heeney and Warner, who act as ambassadors for Telstra, have been stood down from all activities relating to the telecommunications brand while the police investigation is ongoing.
A Telstra statement read: âWe are deeply concerned by whatâs been reported and respect the matter is currently being investigated by police.
âPlayers assisting police with their investigation who are also Telstra Ambassadors are not participating in any ambassador activity while the investigation is ongoing.
âWe will review their ambassador arrangements once the investigation is complete and will provide an update at that time.â
Eddie McGuire makes on-air statement
Former Collingwood president and footy commentator Eddie McGuire on Tuesday night took the rare step of beginning his Channel 9 show by reading out his own statement about the ongoing saga.
âBefore we throw it open, I just want to say this,â he said at the start of Channel 9âs Footy Classified.
âThe AFL and the Sydney Swans are looking at this with two separate ledgers. The police investigation which is being investigated by the sexual crimes unit and also the expectations that the Sydney Swans believe should be adhered to from the team that had been played the Essendon Football Club on Sunday afternoon.â
He went on to say: âThe players involved in whatever happened after midnight, and that might just be the drinking or whatever, the conduct they believe is unbecoming of the Sydney Swansâ rules that they will get suspensions that go into the AFL Finals series.
âHow far that goes will be determined in the meeting they are having at the moment. The Swans are taking this as seriously as you can possibly take it. Also maintaining the fact, that youâre innocent until proven guilty.â
SOURCE: https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sydney-swans-stars-break-silence-over-alleged-sexual-assault-at-melbourne-hotel/news-story/65bb84b1101393ba28fc67988249760d