A man has died and four others have been injured after a shooting in Sydney’s western suburbs.

A group of men are believed to have forced their way into a home on Arbutus St at Canley Heights and unleashed a hail of bullets on those inside about 8pm on Tuesday, Sunrise reports.

On this island, none of this treasure is buriedAtlantis Paradise Island|
Sponsored

Daily Habits That May Be Spiking Your Blood Sugargreen choice|
Sponsored

by Taboola

Police were called to Liverpool Hospital half an hour later, where a 28-year-old man had presented with injuries believed to be gunshot wounds, and died shortly after.

He is yet to be formally identified.

The slain victim had arrived at hospital with another man, 32, who had suffered a neck injury and is now in a serious but stable condition.

About 10 minutes later, two other men, aged 22 and 23, arrived at nearby Fairfield Hospital in a critical condition to receive treatment for their injuries.

The 23-year-old had been shot in the neck, and the 22-year-old had been shot in the shoulder.

Both men have now been moved to different hospitals for further treatment, NSW Police said.

At 9.50pm, a fifth man, believed to be aged 19, arrived at Liverpool Hospital in a stable condition to be treated for a suspected gunshot wound to the arm.

A ma is dead and four others are recovering in hospital after a shooting in a Canley Heights home.A ma is dead and four others are recovering in hospital after a shooting in a Canley Heights home. Credit: 7NEWS Police called the aftermath of the incident confronting.Police called the aftermath of the incident confronting. Credit: 7NEWS

It is understood the patients’ family members drove them to hospital after the shooting.

NSW Police told Sunrise that the aftermath of the incident was confronting.

A crime scene has now been set up at the Canley Heights home.

Officers from the local area and state’s homicide squad are investigating the circumstances of the five men’s injuries.