A group of ISIS brides and their children could return to Australia as early as next week as authorities work to unlock travel funds from their relatives.
Six women and 14 children could be released from Syria‘s Al Roj internment camp within days after the Syrian government stepped in to finalise flight arrangements needed for their departure.
Sources quoted by The Australian confirmed urgent negotiations are underway to extract the group, with approvals being sought to release the money and complete bookings as family members, government officials, or helpers are not on the ground.
The group had been expected to return to Australia as early as next Tuesday, coinciding with Eid al-Adha, the Islamic holiday commemorating sacrifice, however, the timing remains contingent on the travel arrangements.
One woman is expected to remain in Syria after she was subject to an exclusion order imposed by the Albanese government.
Her children will leave Al Roj with other members of the group, the ABC reports.
It’s unclear whether any of the women would face charges upon their arrival.
It comes just weeks after four women and nine children touched down in Australia, with three of the women immediately remanded into custody and charged with historic crimes against humanity-related offences.

+5
View gallery
A group of ISIS brides and their children could return to Australia as early as next week (pictured Zahra Ahmad who was the only one of four ISIS brides to not be arrested on May 7)

+5
View gallery
Janai Safar was escorted off the plane by federal police shortly after landing at Sydney Airport
Melbourne grandmother Kawsar Abbas, 53, and her younger daughter Zeinab, 31, were refused bail after facing multiple slavery charges.
Abbas’ eldest daughter, Zahra Ahmad, 33, was the only one of the four brides not to be arrested.
Janai Safar, who landed in Sydney with her nine-year-old son, was charged with joining a terrorist organisation and travelling to a declared conflict zone.
Australian Federal Police investigators had been ready to charge Safar with being a member of a terrorist organisation seven years ago while she was still in Syria.
A court attendance notice for Safar was prepared on 8 May 2019 but could not be served on her until she was arrested at Sydney Airport earlier this month.
The notice listed Safar’s address in 2019 as Roj Camp, Hasakah, Syria, and the charges were intended to come before Queanbeyan Local Court.
She remains behind bars at Silverwater Women’s Correctional Centre in Sydney’s west.
News of the three women’s arrests appears to have prompted anger within the Al Roj camp, where they lived for seven years.

+5
View gallery
Six more Islamic State-linked women and their 14 children are likely to land in Australia soon

+5
View gallery
Zeinab Ahmed, 31, was charged with enslavement, and using a slave and denied bail
One woman, who is still at the camp, said it was ‘not good’ that Australia had arrested the women, whom she called ‘our sisters’.
‘What do they want with women and kids?’ Um Shamel, who is German-born, told the ABC.
‘These little kids need [their] mama.’
Shamnel said she believed the remaining cohort of Australian ISIS brides would delay or reconsider trying to travel home after watching news of the arrests on television.
Home Affairs Minister Tony Burke announced the impending arrival of the four women and nine children a fortnight ago.
The Daily Mail has contacted the Department of Home Affairs for comment.
News
“Get Out of the House, Mom,” My Son Said — But Hours Later, the $12 Million He Thought He’d Inherit Had…
My son said, “Get out of the house. My wife is uncomfortable with you.” His wife stood there smirking. The…
T-e-rrifying New Footage Captures UPS Plane Explosion During Takeoff After Engine R-i-ps From Wing
THE fiery final seconds of a doomed UPS cargo plane have been revealed in chilling new footage showing an engine…
Outrage Grows After Mackenzie Shirilla’s Father Speaks Out on Shocking Netflix Doc Controversy
THE father of convicted car crash killer Mackenzie Shirilla has broken his silence after being put on leave from his…
HO-RR-OR AT HORSESHOE REEF: Man D-i-es After Brutal Shark Attack Near Rottnest Island
The friends of a diver mauled to death by a great white shark off the coast of Western Australia’s Rottnest Island tried…
B-0-d-i-es Recovered in Maldives Cave Ho-rr-or as Grieving Dad’s Emotional Words Leave Nation in Tears
THE heartbroken husband of an Italian tourist who died during a cave dive in the Maldives has said “something must…
TRAPPED BENEATH THE OCEAN: Chil-ling New Details Emerge in Maldives Diving H-o-rror
FIVE Italian divers who drowned in a tragic Maldives expedition may have been sucked into a cave and ran out…
End of content
No more pages to load






