NASCAR officials have reportedly decided to proceed with this weekend’s Coca-Cola 600 in the wake of the tragic death of Kyle Busch at 41. The Busch Family, Richard Childress Racing and NASCAR issued a joint statement on Thursday announcing that Busch died after being hospitalised with a “severe illness”.
Busch’s cause of death hasn’t been released publicly at this stage. The 41-year-old, who won more races than anyone across NASCAR’s three national series, was due to take part in the Coca-Cola 600 on Sunday night before he withdrew.

Will the Coca-Cola 600 go ahead after Kyle Busch’s death?
The Associated Press is reporting that NASCAR officials have confirmed the 400-lap race will go ahead as planned at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Some have called for the race to be postponed or cancelled in the wake of Busch’s death.
Richard Childress Racing had earlier announced that Austin Hill would replace Busch in the No.8 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1. Charlotte Motor Speedway officials have stated they plan to honour Busch “in some way” this weekend at the Coca-Cola 600.
While some have called for the race to be postponed, others believe it’ll be a fitting occasion to honour Busch. One person wrote online: “It’ll be a emotionally charged race and the perfect race to honour him.” Another commented: “I can get behind that too, just don’t know if the drivers and teams are ready emotionally.”
NASCAR world in shock over Kyle Busch’s death
According to The Associated Press, Busch was testing in the Chevrolet racing simulator in Concord, Massachusetts on Wednesday when he became unresponsive. He was reportedly transported to a hospital in Charlotte.
He was thought to have had a sinus cold while racing on May 10 at Watkins Glen. The TV broadcast had stated that Busch’s cold had been exacerbated by the intense G-forces and elevation changes at the New York road course.

Busch raced only last weekend and won the Trucks Series race at Dover. He also finished 17th in the NASCAR All-Star race.
Busch is the younger brother of NASCAR Hall of Famer Kurt Busch. He’s survived by wife Samantha and children Brexton and Lennix.
“Our entire NASCAR family is heartbroken by the loss of Kyle Busch,” the joint statement said. “A future Hall of Famer, Kyle was a rare talent, one who comes along once in a generation. He was fierce, he was passionate, he was immensely skilled and he cared deeply about the sport and fans.

“Throughout a career that spanned more than two decades, Kyle set records in national series wins, won championships at NASCAR’s highest level and fostered the next generation of drivers as an owner in the Truck Series. His sharp wit and competitive spirit sparked a deep emotional connection with race fans of every age, creating the proud and loyal ‘Rowdy Nation.’”
News
Chil-ling Kyle Busch Radio Audio Emerges After Sudden De-a-th — ‘I’m Going to Need a Shot’ Leaves Fans Shaken
‘I’m going to need a shot’ During the Cup Series race at Watkins Glen on May 10, with 38 laps to go,…
New Details Emerge in Kyle Busch’s Sudden De-a-th — What He Said Days Before the Tragedy Is Sending Chills Online
The Shockwave in Charlotte The motorsports community remains in a state of profound, absolute disbelief following the sudden and untimely…
Kyle Busch’s 11-Year-Old Son Breaks Silence With Emotional Tribute — One Hidden Line Has Fans in Tears
Brexton Busch is honoring his late father, NASCAR legend Kyle Busch, with an emotional tribute on social media following the…
MAFS Australia’s Danny Issues Emotional Apology to Ex-Wife Bec After Brutal Fan Backlash
Married At First Sight Australia‘s Danny Hewitt has issued a grovelling apology to Bec Zacharia after previously unseen footage of himself slating his ex-wife…
MAFS Australia’s Gia Breaks Silence After Allegedly Losing Her Job Over Explosive Show Behaviour
MAFS Australia 2026 came to an explosive end for bride Gia Fleur who’s controversial behaviour caused the break up of her marriage to…
MAFS Australia Chaos Erupts After Rachel Exposes What Really Happened Between Her and Steven
Married at First Sight Australia‘s Rachel Gilmore and Steven Danyluk left the experiment as ‘boyfriend and girlfriend’ after they both decided to remain together…
End of content
No more pages to load






