A metallic cake decorating powder linked to the hospitalisation of a toddler has been officially recalled nationwide over fears it may contain toxic metals causing serious harm if inhaled or ingested.
The recall comes two weeks after 14-month-old Gold Coast toddler Dustin “Dusty” Wildman survived a terrifying health episode after inhaling a metallic rose gold decorating powder while his mother, baker Katie Robinson, prepared a Bluey-themed birthday cake for a friend’s child on May 1.
Supplier Crumb Australia Pty Ltd issued the recall for several colours of its Creative Cake Decorating metallic powder range, including Rose Gold, Fiery Copper, Dior Gold, Platinum Silver and Champagne Gold.
The products were sold nationally, internationally and online between August 1, 2019 and May 6, 2026.
According to a recall notice published by the ACCC’s Product Safety Australia website, the powders “may contain copper and zinc dust which can be toxic if inhaled or ingested”.


“An incident has occurred resulting in the hospitalisation of a young child,” the recall notice confirmed.
Dusty had breathed in the decorating powder and, within moments, the toddler’s condition rapidly deteriorated and he began struggling to breathe.
The substance formed a dangerous sludge-like mass in Dusty’s lungs, requiring emergency surgery after he was rushed to Queensland Children’s Hospital in Brisbane, where he was placed into an induced coma.
The powder involved in Dusty’s incident was labelled “for use on removable parts”, wording Robinson said was vague and open to interpretation.
Tests on the product allegedly inhaled by Dusty showed it contained copper and zinc compounds.


Robinson previously raised concerns about how the products were marketed and displayed, saying edible and non-edible decorating powders appeared almost identical.
“All these products look exactly the same and the fact that there’s toxic, non-edible products sitting right next to edible products that do the same job, technically, is the problem,” she said.
The supplier has since removed the products from sale and contacted stockists requesting they be destroyed.
Consumers have been urged to stop using the recalled powders immediately, keep them out of reach of children and return them to the place of purchase for a full refund.
Authorities say anyone who suspects someone has inhaled or ingested the powders should call triple-0 immediately if the person is having difficulty breathing, or contact the Poisons Information Centre on 13 11 26.
News
Shock Inquest Revelation After Brisbane Father Andy Jones K-i-lled in H-o-rrific Scaffolding Collapse at Soccer Game
A wind gust nearly strong enough to “blow you off your feet” struck when scaffolding crushed a father watching his…
‘This Bus Was Not the Best’: Injured Tourist Reveals Chil-ling Warning Before De-a-dly Gumlu Crash
A survivor of a deadly bus crash which killed a young tourist has claimed the driver warned passengers the vehicle was “not…
40-Year-Old Fa-t-ally Trapped in Escalator Incident — Chil-ling Witness Details Spark Outrage Online
Steven McCluskey. A man died due to a freak escalator accident that was ignored by others. Steven McCluskey was traveling…
Teen Vanished After Leaving for a Football Match in 1988 — Now Police Believe a Secret ‘Shed’ Ring May Hold the Horrifying Answer
Grieving dad Peter Boxell tells The Sun how his family have been given an unexpected lifeline in their decades-long fight…
MYSTERY DEEPENS AFTER DAWN EXPLOSION — POLICE TURN DE-A-D-L-Y HOUSE FIRE INTO CRIMINAL CASE
Police are investigating a fatal house fire in the Ballarat suburb of Wendouree this morning. (ABC News: Laura Mayers) A…
FAMILY OF TEEN K-I IN STOLEN UTE CR-A-SH BREAKS SILENCE — ONE EMOTIONAL DETAIL IS DIVIDING THE INTERNET
A notorious teen offender who was killed in a horror crash in an allegedly stolen ute over the weekend has…
End of content
No more pages to load






