Two brothers, aged 3 and 5, have been rescued after their parents allegedly abandoned them in a Portuguese forest following a cruel fake treasure hunt.
Two young French brothers were allegedly dumped in a Portuguese forest by their parents who lured them into a fake treasure hunt before blindfolding them thousands of kilometres from home.
The helpless 3 and 5-year-old children were rescued by a passing couple on Tuesday night, who found them frantically wandering on a main road in Monte Novo do Sul, around 60 kilometres southeast of Lisbon, with backpacks stuffed with clothing and food, according to Portuguese media.
Artur Quintas, a local baker who found the shaken boys, said they were “screaming and crying”.
The helpless three-and-five-year-old children were rescued by a passing couple on Tuesday night. Picture: CEN
He recalled the elder brother telling him their mother allegedly led them into the forest and covered their eyes as part of a game – but when they removed their blindfolds, she was gone.
“To trick the children, their mum blindfolded them and left them in the forest to play a game,” Quintas told SIC Notícias.
“They told them to go and look for a toy.”
Artur Quintas, a local baker who found the shaken boys, said they were screaming and crying. Picture: CEN
Believing it was still a game, the boys were reportedly left stumbling through the wooded area lost for hours until Quintas and his wife found them.
The heroic stranger said he only made the horrifying realisation the boys had been abandoned after spotting their backpacks filled with water, fruit, cookies, and a change of clothes, according to the outlets.
The abandoned boys had backpacks stuffed with fruit, water, cookies and a change of clothes. Picture: CEN
The couple rushed the deserted youngsters, from eastern France, to a local police station, where they told authorities their mother had fed them before taking off.
The boys had no identification but were able to identify their mum from a photograph, Correio da Manhã reported.
French authorities have since launched a probe into the children’s mother and stepfather.
The investigation is ongoing.
This article originally appeared on The New York Post and was reproduced here with permission.
News
THIS INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT TIME HAS ONLY JUST BEGUN…— Footy star Jai Arrow has delivered a heartbreaking health update after revealing a devastating incurable diagnosis that has forced him into early retirement at just 30 years old.
South Sydney and former Queensland State of Origin enforcer Jai Arrow will retire from the NRL immediately after being diagnosed…
HE WAS FOUND D-Y:ING IN THE GARDEN BELOW… — Three people have now been charged with m-u:rder after a man d!ed following a horrifying balcony fall at an apartment complex in Castle Hill, Sydney.
The man died after being found seriously injured in a garden outside an apartment complex. Three people have been charged…
THEY NEVER MADE IT OUT… — The b0dies of four Italian divers have now been discovered deep inside an underwater cave system in the Maldives following a devastating diving tragedy that has shocked the world.
Five perished at the cave diving site, as recovery plans continue. Bodies of missing divers recovered in Maldives The bodies…
SHE D!ED DOING WHAT SHE LOVED… — The heartbroken mother of the soldier who tragically lost her life at the Royal Windsor Horse Show has shared an emotional tribute, saying her daughter was happiest while serving alongside horses.
A SOLDIER who died at the Royal Windsor Horse Show was “doing what she loved”, her heartbroken mother has said….
JUST MINS AGO: KING CHARLES has reportedly made a shocking move following the tragic d3ath of a service person connected to the Royal Windsor Horse Show.
The King was “greatly shocked” and “saddened” to have learned of the death of a service person who fell from…
HE BRUTALLY ASSAULTED HIS WIFE AND TWO YOUNG CHILDREN BEFORE K-I THEM..! – Horrific details have emerged in court after a “distraught” carer was charged over the alleged murd-ers of his wife and two young children at a Sydney home.
Horrific details have emerged as the 47-year-old alleged killer fronted court. Campbelltown man charged with triple murder A man has…
End of content
No more pages to load






